Do you enjoy festivals? Then you must attend the most exciting event on the Gold Coast!
Cooly Rocks On began in 2011 and has grown to become Australia’s largest rock’n’roll and nostalgia festival. It’s a must-see event on the Gold Coast calendar, lasting five days. The event takes place on various outdoor stages and venues around Coolangatta’s coastal streetscape.
Because the festival highlights everything from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, prepare to be transported to another period and enjoy free entertainment, retro markets, vintage vehicle and bike displays, and more.
Here are just a few of the numerous activities you should not miss.
Are you an automobile superfan? Here are some of the events you can attend.
- SHOW ‘N’ SHINE: Cooly Rocks On Show ‘N’ Shine will appeal to car enthusiasts. Browse through over 900 classic automobiles, motorcycles, hot rods, and more in a stunning coastal setting.
- CAR RUNS: Get ready for an incredible adventure as you ride throughout the Gold Coast in one of Cooly Rocks On’s Car Runs. On Wednesday, June 8, join fellow car enthusiasts and the SCARAB Car Club for a cruise from Cooly Rocks On to the Gold Coast Motor Museum. Then, in the evening, join the Gold Coast Muscle Car Club for a cruise to SEVEN82MOTORS. Then, on June 9, go to the Yatala Drive-In to see the new movie Top Gun: Maverick.
- KUSTOMVILLE: In its second year, Kustomville is a Kustom Kulture experience that features lowbrow art, hot rods, kustom automobiles, and much more!
- Goodwin Park Display: Prepare for even more nostalgia as you stroll through a specially selected Show ‘N’ Shine precinct loaded with vehicles, including Bicycles, Hammond Craft Boats, Scooters, and Vintage Emergency Service vehicles.
Do you appreciate old hits? Then spend five days listening to music from your favourite era and make sure to attend the following music events.
- Live Music: A rockin’ lineup of Australia’s finest rockabilly, swing, and rock ‘n’ roll performers from across the country will perform at this year’s Cooly Rocks On like A Band Called Twang, Ella Fontaine, Jake and the Cadillacs and many more.
- Elvis Precinct: Cooly Rocks On’s Elvis Precinct will have you shaking, rattling, and rolling. Enjoy five action-packed days of Elvis as we bring ‘The King to Cooly’ for the second year. Don’t miss Australia’s top Elvis Tribute Artists compete in an official preliminary round of the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest (UETA), a sanctioned event of the Elvis Presley Enterprise.
- Live Music Venues: Enjoy a meal or a refreshing drink with friends while watching your favourite Cooly Rocks On performers perform live and free at Greenmount Beach Surf Club and Coolangatta Sands Hotel.
Cooly Rocks On isn’t only about vintage cars and timeless music. The Cooly Rocks On Pin-up Pageant is also part of the festival. Another must attend event is the Swing Ball at Elvis Marquee. It will transport you to a 1940s-style dance. Or, during the festival’s Dance Workshops, you can learn various dance forms such as rock ‘n’ roll, swing, rockabilly, lindy hop, balboa, line dance, and more.
Are you prepared to attend Australia’s largest rock’n’roll and nostalgia festival? Make the most of the event by staying nearby and treating yourself to a well-deserved holiday. Stay at Burleigh Surf! The Burleigh Heads accommodation offers excellent ocean views directly across the street from Burleigh Beach on the Gold Coast.
Reserve your Burleigh Beach accommodation. Book direct for the best rates!